Unity for some unknown reason doesn’t clearly mention the requirements of Unity remote 5 to work properly anywhere. The App says connect your phone to computer, change the project settings in editor and you are ready to go.
You are not alone if you did that and nothing worked.
Note: This tutorial is for android phones only.
That’s because there are some more requirements.
- Unity remote works only if your target platform is a mobile device. You need to set the target platform to Android for Unity remote to work.
- USB debugging should be turned on in your android device.
- Android SDK should be installed on your PC and USB drivers should be up to date.
If your Unity remote is still not working after these Settings. Do the following.
- Update your Unity remote app.
- Connect your phone to a PC.
- Go to Unity editor. Select Edit>Project settings>Editor. Select device as Any Android Device under Unity remote.
- Close Unity and restart your phone.
- Open Unity remote after restart.
- Open Unity Editor and now you should be able to see the editor window on your phone when you play the game.
If you still can’t make it work then it might be a hardware issue.
- Check the USB cable.
- Check with a different phone.
If you have any other solution then let us know in the comment section below.