The game-making process typically involves several stages, including game ideation, design, programming, art and sound design, testing and debugging, and publishing and marketing.
To make your own game, you can start by first brainstorming and creating a game concept. Then, you can move on to the design stage, where they create the game’s characters, story, levels, and mechanics.
From there, you can begin the development stage, which involves implementing the technical aspects of the game, such as programming, art and sound design, and testing and debugging. Once the game is ready, you can publish it on different platforms and market it to potential players.
The game-making process can seem daunting, but with the right tools and resources, anyone can create a game. We have created tons of resources to guide you on this journey. You the sections below to access the resources you need.
Basics of Game development
Before embarking on the journey of making your own game, it’s important to have a clear understanding of the game development process, the life of a game developer, the various game engines available, and the skills required to create a game. While game development can be a fun and rewarding experience, it can also be a challenging and time-consuming process. Taking the time to research and understand what goes into making a game can help prepare you for the road ahead and ensure a smoother development process. So, before jumping into game development, it’s important to do your due diligence and understand what you’re getting into.
Selecting your game engine
Game engines play a crucial role in helping game developers speed up the development process. With multiple game engines available for free, aspiring game developers can start learning and creating games right away. Unity and Unreal are the industry-standard game engines, but Unity has a particularly robust support community that can be especially helpful for new developers. That being said, it’s important to explore different game engines and determine which one best suits your needs and preferences. Ultimately, the choice of game engine will depend on factors such as the type of game you want to create, your skill level, and the resources available to you.
Learning the Game engine
After selecting a game engine for your game development project, it is crucial to understand the basics of the engine before attempting to create your game. Every game engine has a unique learning curve that requires time and effort to master. To help you learn, we have created a comprehensive learning path for Unity that covers everything from the fundamentals to more advanced topics. If you have chosen a different game engine, you can still use resources like Udemy or YouTube to learn the engine of your choice. We also have some Godot tutorials to get started. In addition to our learning path, we offer numerous Unity tutorials that you can browse using the link provided, or you can use the search option in the top menu to find what you need.
Getting Idea for your game
Developing a game is an exciting and creative endeavor, but it all starts with a solid idea. Whether you’re a seasoned game developer or a newcomer to the industry, coming up with a unique and compelling concept for your game can be a challenge. In this article, we’ll explore various methods and techniques to help you generate ideas for your game, ranging from brainstorming and research to finding inspiration in everyday life. By experimenting with different techniques and methods, you’ll be more likely to develop a unique and compelling game idea that resonates with your audience. Finally, be open-minded and willing to explore new avenues for inspiration, as great game ideas can come from unexpected places. Here is comprehensive guide to get new ideas of your game.
Getting Assets for your game
From character models and backgrounds to sound effects and music, the assets you use can greatly impact the look and feel of your game. However, obtaining the necessary assets can be a challenge, especially for those new to game development. There are different methods for getting assets for your game, including creating your own, purchasing pre-made assets, and using open-source resources. You can also hire game developers to create assets for you. We have created a comprehensive list of websites to get Free Unity assets for your game. Also, we have created a list of best Unity assets for your game from Unity asset store. You can use this list to browse through the must have tools in each category.
Building and publishing your game
Building and publishing your game is the ultimate goal of any game development project. It involves transforming your idea and assets into a fully functional game that can be shared with players worldwide. Most game engines allow you to port your game to multiple platforms with just a click of a button. So, depending on your target audience, you can choose your platform and publish your game. Our game development startup kit gives you tools and resources that you will need to get started on this game development journey. You will also get regular emails on new tutorials, asset offers and more. Signup today to make the most of VionixStudio. We offer all guidance for free.
- Unity Light: Everything You Need to KnowWhen it comes to game development, lighting is a crucial aspect that can make or break the overall visual appeal. Unity, one of the most popular game engines out there, offers a robust lighting system that can help you create immersive and realistic game worlds. In this article, we’ll cover the basics that you should … Read more
- Getting started with Unity CameraWhen it comes to game development, creating a compelling and immersive experience for players is paramount. One of the critical components of achieving this is through the use of Cameras. The Unity camera plays a vital role in rendering the game scene, creating a view of the game world that players can interact with in … Read more
- Complete guide to Unity 2D animationUnity is a very powerful Game development tool and in recent years Unity has put some efforts to help developers animate and model their game assets inside Unity. Unity 2D animation has grown a lot, now you can animate a 2D sprite using skeletal animation in Unity. In this tutorial, we will see how to … Read more
- How to setup Unity Remote 5Unity remote is a very handy tool to test your android games without building them every time. But you need to setup the system properly to make it work. In this article, we will see the steps that you need to follow to set up Unity Remote 5. Step1: Setting up your Phone Go to … Read more
- Unity SphereCast: Beginner’s GuideUnity SphereCast function casts a sphere in the specified direction to the specified distance, and returns any object that was hit along the path. SphereCast works in a very similar way to Unity Raycast the only difference being the sphere which is cast in place of a ray. Unity SphereCast Syntax Input Number Function 1 … Read more
- Top 10 Game design colleges around the WorldThe gaming industry has exploded in recent years, with millions of people around the world enjoying video games on a daily basis. With this growth, there is a high demand for skilled professionals who can create innovative games that captivate and engage players. To meet this demand, colleges around the world have started offering programs … Read more