Godot is becoming a popular game engine as its completely open source and is capable to compete with the big boys Unity and Unreal. In this post, we will see how to download and install Godot. I am using Godot version 3.4.2 for this tutorial.
Godot minimum system requirement
According to Godot website you should be able to run Godot if your computer has open GL 2.1 compatible hardware. Which means
- Processor released after 2007.
- OS: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Ram: at least 4 GB
- Graphics card- 2GB memory released after 2007.
To be sure if your computer can run Godot, install OpenGL extension viewer to see the OpenGL version of your graphics card.
1.Go to Godot website and select download tab on the top bar
2. Select the Operating system
3. Select your system architecture and click download
There is no need to install Godot. Godot runs without installation.
- Unzip the file your downloaded from Godot website.
- Run the .exe file.
- You should see a window like the one below.
Click create a new project and you are good to start your game development.